What Must We Eliminate From Our Diet to Experience Health
For the past six Health Tips I have been attempting to share with our readers the positive and negative aspects of various diets. Today I want to discuss the two necessities for best healing results — and it’s so simple, you may be surprised!
Two Necessities For Best Healing Results
Some people believe that all they have to do to improve their health is start adding something healthy to their diet and lifestyle like vitamin or mineral supplements, some healthy foods, or exercise, and that these additions will improve their health.
But in reality, it takes more than adding something in order to improve health – the primary thing we must do in order to improve our health is STOP doing those things which caused our poor health!
Some years ago a man in my church who was severely overweight and experiencing many physical problems came to me asking my help. I shared with him The Hallelujah Diet and he adopted it. But believe it or not, he continued to gain weight and experienced further exacerbations of his physical problems.
Why didn’t he experience improvement on The Hallelujah Diet like most who adopt it do? Here is what I learned: While he did adopt The Hallelujah Diet, he continued to consume the SAD diet foods that had originally caused his weight gain and physical problems. Here is the lesson learned:
While it is of vital importance we start adding good nutrition, supplements, and exercise, if we want to improve our health, the most important thing we need to do is STOP doing what caused the physical and/or psychological problems we are experiencing.
No matter how much good we add, if we continue doing the bad, we will never experience the results we so desperately desire!
Why Hallelujah Diet Is On The Top Rung
I’m going to take us back for a moment to a song we sang during World War II. Words and Music are by Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer:
You’ve got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don’t mess with Mister In-Between
In order for a diet to be placed on the top rung of our ladder of best diets, it must (along with adding superior nutrition and exercise) require that the harmful substances and poor lifestyle that caused the problems be eliminated.
Theoretically, that makes a lot of sense, but the application is not quite so simple.
Most people, at least in America, but increasingly around the world, have been raised on the Standard American Diet (SAD) or at least a similar diet — a diet consisting of lots of meat, dairy, refined sugar, grains, table salt, caffeine, hydrogenated oils, and trans-fats.
These substances are the cause or contributing cause of most of the physical and even psychological problem being experienced today.
The Standard American Diet (SAD) is on the bottom rung of our diet ladder because it consists primarily of these causative substances.
Animal Source Foods
- Cooked animal fat – Found in both flesh and dairy (pasteurized milk and cheese is cooked) not only makes people fat, but it also builds up on artery walls, hindering blood flow, causing high blood pressure, need for stents and by-passes, leading to heart attacks and strokes, and premature death.
- Cooked animal protein – Found in both flesh and dairy. The high amounts of protein in these animal products feed cancer. In fact, Dr. T. Colin Campbell tells us in The China Study that providing cancer with the protein casein found in cow milk, is like pouring gasoline on a fire.
- Lacking fiber – Devoid of fiber, animal source foods require a very long transit time through the 30-foot human digestive tract, not only contributing to constipation, but putrefying along its 3-to-4-day journey through the body at nearly 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This causes body odor, but of even greater concern, this rotting animal flesh is the primary cause of diverticulosis, diverticulitis, IBS, Crohn’s, colitis, ulcerative colitis, and colon cancer.
- All animal source foods are acidic – Cancer as well as other diseases have great difficulty surviving in an alkaline environment, but proliferate in an acid environment, and all animal source foods are acidic.
- Growth hormones and antibiotics are found in commercially grown animal products – Growth hormones in animal flesh and dairy lead to early puberty. The earlier puberty, the greater the risk of breast cancer. Antibiotics kill friendly bacteria in the gut contributing to yeast infections and there’s more.
I could go on, but there is not a single redeeming feature in consuming anything of animal origin. And remember that all the protein and other nutrients found in animal source foods originated in the living grass or plant the animal ate. When we eat the animal to get these nutrients, we are getting them second-hand.
And although organic, grass-fed meat and dairy products are leaner and contain no growth hormones or antibiotics, all the other negatives shared above still hold true.
- Immune system suppressant – God, in His infinite knowledge, placed in each of us an immune system to protect us from germs, viruses, and bacteria. Refined sugar seriously compromises that protection. This is one of the reasons why people who consume refined sugar suffer with colds, the flu, and numerous other physical problems.
- Lacking in fiber – Refined sugar contains zero fiber and, like animal-source foods, contributes to constipation.
- Extremely acidic – Acid foods are the primary cause of osteoporosis because, in an effort to reduce acidity the body, calcium is drawn from the bones, which leads to porous bones. And as we shared above, disease proliferates in an acid environment.
- Causes weight gain – If a person consumes just one 12-ounce can of sugar sweetened soft drink a day for one year their weight gain will be about 15-pounds. This sugar also contributes to and promotes diabetes. Artificial sweeteners like aspartame are no better. They are not only toxic but contribute to weight gain by tricking the body into craving more food, as sugar does.
- An addictive drug – To top it off, refined sugar is an addictive drug that upsets body chemistry, affecting a person not only physically, but also mentally, and has been found to be a major cause of aggressive behavior and emotional upset. Many of the emotional, physiological, and depression problems being experienced today can be traced to refined sugar.
Although fresh, raw fruits are a better source of sugar because the fiber contained in the fruit slows sugar uptake, even the natural sugars found in fruit (fructose) can present problems if consumed in large amounts.
- Lacking in fiber – Refined carbohydrates, like animal sourced foods and refined sugar, contain no fiber and contribute to constipation.
- Refined grains convert rapidly to sugar – This causes the negatives found in refined sugar above and, because it has no fiber to slow sugar uptake, means that refined grains act as an addictive drug as sugar does.
- Extremely acidic – Because it is so acidic, refined grain causes the body to draw calcium from the bones in an attempt to neutralize acidity (like refined sugar), contributing to osteoporosis.
- Causes weight gain – Our bodies require sugar for energy but excess sugar (from refined grain) is stored as fat.
Unrefined grains are an excellent source of a wide variety of nutrients, but like the fruit, they are not advisable in large quantities. Certainly they should not be consumed every day.
Rung Position On Dietary Ladder
Any diet that contains any of the above listed so-called foods deserves bottom rung position on our diet ladder. They are not only the cause of our physical problems, but hinder healing. And the more a diet contains of any one of these foods, especially the animal source foods, the lower the rung position it deserves.
The Hallelujah Diet Deserves Top Rung Placement
If we want to obtain the best healing results and maintain those results, we must eliminate all substances that cause or hinder our obtaining those results. The above are the main items that must be eliminated, but I would also add all white table salt, food dyes, preservatives, trans-fats and hydrogenated oils.
Because The Hallelujah Diet discourages the inclusion of all animal source foods, refined sugars, and refined carbohydrates, along with caffeine, table salt and other listed items, this alone helps qualify it for top rung placement.
But when in place of these non-garden foods a person adds a diet consisting of 100% plant-based foods — the very foods God told us we should consume to nourish our bodies with in Genesis 1:29 — you can better understand why The Hallelujah Diet deserves top rung placement over all other diets available today.
What Does The Hallelujah Diet Consist Of?
The healthiest foods we can place into our bodies are those foods God told us we should eat in order to properly nourish our glorious, God made, physical bodies. God clearly articulates what these foods are in Genesis 1:29. And modern science says “AMEN” to that statement!
Here’s what God said we should eat:
“AND GOD SAID, Behold, I have given you every herb (VEGETABLE) bearing seed; which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the FRUIT of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat (FOOD).” (Genesis 1:29)
Raw Vegetables – Raw vegetables contain enzymes, antioxidants, protein, natural sugars, vitamin,s and minerals, which in turn provide the body with the living nutrients God designed our living bodies to run on. Raw vegetables are the primary and most abundant foods found in The Hallelujah Diet
A large, raw vegetable salad is the main course of the evening meal each day, followed by a cooked vegetable. A raw vegetable salad may also be consumed for the noon meal. Raw vegetable juices make up a significant and vital part of The Hallelujah Diet.
Raw Fruit – Raw fruit contains enzymes, protein, natural sugars, vitamins, and minerals, which provide nutrients and fuel for the physical body. But we must be careful to not consume too much of today’s fruit.
Much of the fruit today is grown without a full complement of nutrients being available to it in the soil and is usually picked long before it is ripe. This produces a product that we must be very careful about consuming too much of.
But we do recommend some fruit in green smoothies — a green smoothie with leafy greens and frozen fruit is great for breakfast!
Hallelujah Acres recommends that no more than 15% of the total volume of one’s daily diet should consist of fruit. If a person is experiencing diabetes, hypoglycemia, or yeast problems, it would be best to not consume any fruit until the problem is resolved.
Raw Seeds And Nuts – Raw seeds and nuts are very high in protein and fats. They are also difficult for the body to digest and should not be consumed in large quantities. If they are going to be consumed it is best to soak them in distilled water overnight prior to consuming to help break down the enzyme inhibitors to make them more digestible.
Cooked Foods – The Hallelujah Diet suggests that 15% of one’s daily vegetable intake be in cooked form. Though all raw sounds like it should be the ideal, we have learned from personal experience and the testimonies of thousands of people that all raw does not provide the best results.
Some people become too skinny on all raw; while others find it difficult to chew enough veggies to obtain enough calories. If enough calories are not consumed, there is a great risk of becoming underweight, having insufficient body energy, and even a deficiency in protein.
To make sure there is not a lack of calories, baked sweet potatoes, steamed vegetables, brown rice, whole grains, baked squash and beans are suggested following a large salad.
Exercise – No matter how good the diet a person consumes, without vigorous, daily, physical exercise, a person will never experience the ultimate health God designed for them. Any diet that omits daily vigorous exercise also falls short of top rung position on our diet evaluation ladder.
Hallelujah Acres recommends that every person who adopts The Hallelujah Diet, if they are able, begin a daily walking program. Beginning with a slow walk and building up speed until a 15-minute mile is obtained. Goal is 2 miles in 30 minutes daily. Adding stretching and resistance exercises should also be included as a person is able to perform them.
Up Next… A Typical Day On The Hallelujah Diet
In future Health Tips, if the Lord tarries and the creeks don’t rise too high, we will take a closer look at The Hallelujah Diet to see why it works so well and produces such dramatic healing results, as well as give you an example of a typical day on The Hallelujah Diet. Trust you will join us.
|Print article||This entry was posted by George Malkmus on July 24, 2012 at 6:18 am, and is filed under News. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|